Deputy Kingdom Exchequer
Deputy of NMS
Deputy of PayPal
Deputy of Bank Accounts
Deputy of Warrants
Deputy of Regalia
Shire of Al Sahid – Sithmaith inghean Stiamhna –
Barony of Altavia – Courtney of the White Meadow –
Barony of the Angels – Garrick Thomas Attwell –
Barony of Calafia – Lasairíona inghean Ghéibheannaigh –
Canton of Poll na Gainmhe – Hroudland von Freising –
Canton of Summergate – Serena Nikolei –
Canton of Tanwayour – Ellyn of Tanwayour –
Shire of Carreg Wen – Aidan Brandr Arinbjornson – exchequer@carregwen
Shire of Darach -Alia la rousse – exchequer@ email@example.com
Barony of Dreiburgen – Aldgytha of Ashwood –
Canton of Mons Draconis – Maridonna dulce de Perugia –
Canton of Gallavally – Fionna de Buchanan –
Barony of Dun Or – Roisin ni Brian –
Barony of Gyldenholt -Rowen Killian –
Deputy – Leonora Morgana
Shire of the Isles – Lodovico Uccellini della Valle –
Barony of Lyondemere – Borgunna Varsdottir –
Barony of Naevehjem – Muirgheal inghean Sheumais –
Barony of Nordwache – Muirenn inghean Chon Ruaidh –
Barony of Starkhafn – Catylyn verch Morgant ap Llewellyn –
Deputy – Jade of Starkhafn
Deputy – Guy le Bon
Barony of Western Seas – Geneviene la Minstrelle –
Barony of Wintermist -Sunnifa Jonsdottir –
Collegium Caidis – Hrorek Halfdane of Faulconwood –
Great Western War – Ismay of Giggleswick –
Heralds – Ariana verch Gwenllian –
Quarter Months Due Date
1 January – March April 30th
2 April – June July 30th
3 July – September October 30th
4 October – December January 30th
Doomsday January – December February 15th
OnLine Quarterly Report – Submitting required quarterly report
OnLine Event Report – Submitting Event report to both the Kingdom Seneschal and Exchequer
Monthly – Bank Statment Online Report – Submitting montly bank statements to the Kingdom Exchequer
Please use this report for all events in CAID
Publications and Forms
Kingdom Financial Policy – (PDF file) – Board Approved Date: Jan 16, 2016)
Non-Member Surcharge Submission Form – Submitting NMS to Kingdom
New Excel Version – Event Budget Form – To assist an autocrat in planning an event
Check Request Form – Request from to get checks
Event Chain of Custody – This form helps track cash for your gate box
Deposit Record Form – This forms help track bank deposits
Cash Voucher / Reimbursement Request Form – This forms is for reimbursement for events
Auction Sales Tax Remittance Form – This forms is for calculating and submitting taxes against an auction
Budget Work Sheet – This is a blank Excel spreadsheet that can be used for your yearly budgets.
Account Deposit Record Form – This form is to be used when dealing with bank deposits.
Transfer to another SCA account – The Form to transfer SCA funds to another SCA group
Kingdom Exchequers’ Handbook
Local Exchequers’ Handbook
Society Financial Policy
Warrant of Appointment to Financial Office: PDF or Word document
Review of Books Report Excell file
Regarding the use of SCA funds to purchase gifts
IRS Letter confirming the SCA’s 501(c)(3) status PDF, 811Kb
Corporate Resolution from the Board, regarding Banks 75Kb
Why and how the Non-Member Surcharge is to be collected
SCA Financial Report Forms
Tips, Helpful Hints, Suggestions, and Good Advice from other exchequers.
- Use a standard size piece of paper to attach all receipts (makes filing and finding much easier).
- If using duplicate cheques, attached the “carbon copy” of the cheque to the associated documentation (bills, receipts, invoices), to tie the cash outlay (the cheque) to the supporting document(s).
- Include NMS collected in “Event Income”, not in “Other Income”
- Include NMS payments sent to Kingdom as
- “Transfer-out Within Kingdom” (US-to-US)
- Use “Transfer-in” and “Transfer-out” only for transfers between branches in the SAME COUNTRY; use “Contributions Received” and “Donations to Another Non-Profit Organization” for transactions that cross the border.
- Refer to the report form instructions (Chapter 8, SCA Chancellor of the Exchequer’s Handbook); the SCA’s version of “Fund Accounting” can seem a bit funny. Also good to read Appendix G, “Doublentry Bookkeeping, Basic Concepts and Practices”.
- Don’t count deposits (money-in) for repayment of gate change or site deposits as Event Income. All money-out for gate-change, etc. should be recorded as a “Receivable” until paid back, and all Deposits should be recorded as “Other Assets”. Re-payment (money-in) should just offset the original transaction (money-out).
- Make sure that figures on the Balance Sheet and Income Statement tie to the supporting worksheets in the Financial Report packet. Working back-to-front on the packet can help ensure this.
Send in your best practices, helpful hints, tips, and suggestions to be included here.